Unknown apply adjust attempt...?

TAI@msuvx2.memphis.edu
Date: 07/02/95

Hi...
	Recently (the past few days), I've been getting this error:
Sun Jul  2 10:32:28 :: SYSERR: Unknown apply adjust attempt (handler.c,
affect_modify).
	Any attempts to touch the players file (ie, with stat file <new
player name> will spam the syslog file with that and the mud will slowly
die a screaming death.  Being new to coding and C, I was wondering if
anyone else have seen this problem, and can help me fix it?  Also, when
new players login, and even after I forced them to save, they still
don't make it into the etc/players file.  Even if I advanced them to
31...  The mud also dies if the new players quit.
	Your kind help is greatly appreciated.

-Tai