Multiattack doc (Oops?)

From: Brett Helgeson (varagol@netcom.com)
Date: 07/15/95

Don't know if this got through - if it did, sorry for the spam.
ftp.cs.jhu.edu in the directory pub/CircleMUD.
jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu

To have multi attack working, do the following.
In spell_parser.c
add in a "double attack"
"hexa attack"
etc.. whatever you want the skill to be called.
down at the bottom, set up the appropriate SPELLO
(be carefull what numbers you assign it, make sure it is in the
'skills section'
then,
in the section void perform_violence in fight.c
        if (AWAKE(ch) && (ch->in_room == ch->specials.fighting->in_room)) {
         hit(ch, ch->specials.fighting, TYPE_UNDEFINED);
        if((GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SECOND) > 0)) {
                if(GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SECOND) > number(1,200)-5*GET_LEVEL(ch) )                        hit(ch,ch->speci
als.fighting,TYPE_UNDEFINED);
        }
        if(!IS_NPC(ch) && (GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HEXA) > 0)) { for(i=0;i<4;i++){
                        if(GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HEXA) > number(1,500)-10*GET_LEVEL(ch))                        hit(ch,ch-
>specials.fighting,TYPE_UNDEFINED); }
        }
        if(IS_AFFECTED(ch,AFF_HASTE)) {
           hit(ch,ch->specials.fighting,TYPE_UNDEFINED);
        }
      } else { /* Not in same room */
         stop_fighting(ch);

explanation.. the first if+hit are standard code, the second if, nested within
checks for a SKILL_SECOND, which is our second attack, the third iff,
SKILL_HEXA checks for 4 times attack (don't ask why its called hexa and not
quad) then the third if, is just there for an affect of HASTE (our haste
spell)

in spells.h add a #define SKILL_SECOND (or whatever you want to call it)  # of skill

very simply, this program checks for a define of SKILL_SECOND, if it
exits, it hits twice..
there is a fail mechanism set up within it.. (if > number (1,200 etc)

o.k. here is what you have to do to set it up.. if you know what you are doing
you can figure out what to add etc to make it warrior only etc.
(that's in spell_parser.c)

Enjoy - thanks to the good folks at Absolut MUD.

Through the darkness comes the howl, the echo of the fellbeasts of
the Warp.  Alone I stand, knowing full well that death awaits me.
My sole comfort shall be in knowing that I will not fall alone, and
without sacrifice of something I truly believe in.
		Warlord Dain Ironson, during the fall of Elras Tror

I am Varagol@Netcom.Com		    "Just call me Crank"