Re: Access for coders

From: Phil Priston (phil@marlyext.com)
Date: 07/18/95

Idle Process <phall@sun.cc.westga.edu> Typed:>>

_>
_> We're just starting up here, and we have basically only two folk with
_> access to the code now, and we both have root access.  However, we will
_> not be wanting ALL our coders to have root :)
_>
_> What sort of user/group structures and permissions are being used out
_> there?  I tried setting up a 'mud coding group' that myself and another
_> coder are members of, and chmoding everything so the group has rights to
_> it, but the autorun script still messes up everytime one of us runs it -
_> the other can not, because of rights problems.  Are people creating a
_> special user for working on the mud?  Or several users with the same UID
_> but different pw's?
_>
_> Any info would be appreciated.
_>
_> -price
_>
_>
I found the best way to do this was to simply create a new account on
your system give it a home directory and place the code in that
directory, then whoever need access to the code tell them the
password for that account.
(making sure the account doesn't have a uid of Zero of course *GRIN*)
	Phil...