Re: big problem

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 07/19/95

Ivan:

> 	Ok it's me again... anyway the problem i am having is that when i try
> to "make" my files , it won't compile or whatever it's supposed to do to my
> .c programs... anyway the message i get is:
> gcc -c -g   comm.c
> sh: gcc: not found (i guess i don't have gcc compiler huh?)
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'comm.o'

Stefan:

> Well, I don't like to flame you, but how do you think you can run a mud ?
> -Stefan.

Heh.  Don't knock him.  The first time I was given access to work on the
MUD, I couldn't figure things out either.  Actually, I've been working in
Unix and C for the past week, with a total of 2 months of experience
beforehand.  Things are coming pretty quick; I'm loving every minute of it.

My guess is you should try "cc", Ivan.  If that's not available, ask your
sysadmin what IS available.  Good luck. ;)