on _zone_ editing

From: Julian Fong (fong@autsrv.iitsg.nrc.ca)
Date: 08/04/95

Does anyone have any experience with an OLC that allows the editing of
zone files on the fly? I'm trying to implement one and I'm bandying
around several ideas.. the best thing I can think of is some sort of
"zone freeze" command. Basically you stop a zone from repopping and stop
every wandering mob from moving around. Then you walk around, load mobs
and objects, set doors etc etc, and then you do a "zone save"; this takes
a snapshot of the zone, and writes it to disk. This seems to me to be the
best way, but via this method there's no way of setting the max number of
objs/mobs you want to repop.

Any better suggestions? I know dikued has this problem as well, I think
you're supposed to go back and edit them by hand afterwards.. kind of
inconvenient though.

Levork