On 28 Sep 1995, David A. Carver wrote: > I ran into a similar problem. Except I had mine set to the default 300 in > config.c and was only getting a max of 6 players on start up. I tracked > the area of code where it sets the max_players for the game to comm.c. > Take a look at the get_avail_descs function in comm.c. Depending on what > your compiler supports it will do several different things to determine > the actually maximum players allowed. > > I ended up commenting out a lot of this code (I'll probably regret it), > and just setting max_descs = MAX_PLAYERS. I had the same problem some time ago when piddling around with rel8. On my SCO box, it compiled just fine and I had no problems. But the same code on a similar machine running BSD gave me a negative player limit error. SnipSnip, and max_descs=MAX_PLAYERS. Everything's dandy. -- firstname.lastname@example.org | Statements uttered above are not to be XIII Generation / Helix Networks | considered the opinion of XIIIGen. http://helix.xiii.com/megazone.html | Instead, its policy. Although the above text probably didn't mention Scientology, the word Scientology is considered to be a trademark. Thought I would mention that, just to be safe.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 12/07/00 PST