Re: god_room_szone thihng

From: Pink Floyd (floyd@south.mit.edu)
Date: 10/30/95

   Further question, when is it 'legal' to call your code a different
   name (ie, switch from Diku-derivative to Circle).  When could I say the
   src is LostLands1.00, a Circle-derivative? (just wondering)

>From following discussions in the various rec.games.mud.* groups, I gather that
it is legal anytime you like, as long as you still include and obey the license
of the previous versions.  That is, you must explicitly follow all instructions
of the CircleMUD license (not make any money, give credit, etc..) and also
obey the original Diku license, no matter what you call it or end up doing or
whatever... you can write your own license (probably) for LostLands but it
must include both previous licenses.
At least, that's what I've been led to believe. For others reading this, please
correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure you will).