Re: Pkilling Opinion Wanted?

From: Michael J. Legac (michael_@sfsu.edu)
Date: 12/01/95

On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, David Blocher wrote:

> the attacker and victim. I.E. someone to tell on you. This should be closer
> to real life where you are only a criminal if you are caught.
> GOOD POINTS:
> This would make pkillers take on an intended victim one on one. You can't group
> up on an intended victim.
> Certain areas with sentinel mobs would be safe to rest in (safe from
> pkillers that is)
> BAD POINTS:
> Not all mobs are capable of Telling on you.
> People helping to kill the victim sure wouldn't tell on you.
>    (maybe attacker's followers do not count?)

	If you wanna see a pretty good implementation of this, check out
mume (shire.ncsa.uicu.edu 4040). In mume, when you commit a crime,
a witness has to report you to the guards; if a mob that witnessed your
crime wanders into a guard later he'll whisper something to the guard and
you'll become wanted....Course, if you kill all witnesses, you'll be fine ;)

/Michael