Re: MobPrograms

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 12/06/95

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Aslak wrote:

> Those of you who run MobProg mcould perhaps answer me if the act_prog
> trigger is flawed, or if I'm doing something wrong.
> I only get it to work when the mob is switched/aliased by an immortal.
> (and that hardly makes it useful). Seems to me the cause may be that the
> function act() does not send messages to mobs that aren't being
> switched/aliased by a player. In that case, how do I fix it? (Without
> slowing the mud too much..)

Somewhere in act(), when it does the world character check, it leaves out
mobs.  You can take this check out to allow your mobs to respond to
acts.  You might also want to put a new check in so that mobs won't
trigger other mobs.  That way you don't have to worry so much about mob
trigger loops.

Sam