Server prob.

From: d. hall (dhall@sunspot.tiac.net)
Date: 12/11/95

ð thus on Sat, 9 Dec 1995 20:32:39 -0700 (MST), Jason virtually scripted...

Jason> I am haveing a problem with my server....it dosent seem to receive
Jason> connections all the time...it times me out...but other times i get
Jason> in lag free and i know it is not just my service cus i have tryed
Jason> many other sites and other servers on the same net as my computer
Jason> and suggestions....  BTW it is a linux system on a pentium -jason

not too helpful for the rest of us, you'll have to be just a wee bit more
specific.  i.e. how are yo connected to the rest of your network?  PPP,
SLIP, CSLIP, ISDN, Term, etc..?  i can think of a couple of reason, most
having to pertain to the network loopback setting.  you're be better off
checking linux's NET-2-HOWTO (unless you know for certain circle is the
only server port causing timeouts).

also in order to conserve more electrons, and reduce my personal eye glare,
reduce your signature to <= 4 lines (or else use the std. signature
delimiter so i can ignore it altogether).

d.
--
``if you're so perfect, try walking on water some time.''
					- another anonymous quote