Re: relatively simple hack to lookup login-names

From: Naved A Surve (naved@bird.taponline.com)
Date: 12/18/95

In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.951218220415.12521C-100000@eduserv.rug.ac.be> you said:

> Yes, but how do you get data from your forked child? The only things I
> see are shared memory, via sockets (child binds a port... seems rather
> silly tho) and files. So how do you do it?

You can also use message queues or a pipe, which I think is the easiest
method in this situation.  Using temp files is so ugly I don't even consider
that an option.

> And how do you use shared mem?

Read the manual page for shmget(2); then read the manual page for
semget(2), plus all the functions referenced in the 'SEE ALSO' section at
the bottom of those pages.  OR, buy the Stevens text.

Naved