char by character mode

From: Gargamel (malice@epix.net)
Date: 02/09/96

Back to the original part of this discussion, Does anyone
know how ..ie: some code or a place to look, that I can find
out how to put a socket connection into character by character mode,
and then place it back into line by line mode? I have the machine power,
and the connection to handle a char by char editor on the mud, but
I need to figure out the basics before I can begin writing one. If anyone
else in interested in colaborating on such a project please email me.
I have seen one circle mud do this type of client... if they can do it..
so can I:) If anyone else wants to check this mud out go look at
infinate planes.

Gargamel...Head Implementor of Phoenix Mud