Re: Is there a getch()?

From: Edward Becker (beckere@acc.net)
Date: 02/08/96

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996 00:07:22 +1130 (???) you wrote:

>What really needs to be fixed about the current editor is that you still
>see weather and and sun stuff going on.  Its really annoying wheny our
>finishing up a 20 line description and you see... The Sun goes down
>It really screws ya up

I think everyone is missing something.

There shouldn't be a need for a new editor in circle,  if everyone is using their OS correctly.  I'm using OS/2, and whenever I have something I want post such as a board message or a new room description, I simply fire up my favorite editor, write it, Stick it in my clipboard then post it to my telnet process.  Works great, especially with room descriptions, as I even have a backup in case something goes wrong. Plus, it's lag friendly. ;-)

I don't know much about unix, but surely it is cut/paste friendly even  in text mode, am I wrong?

Visit Realms of Mituen: (telnet to)
mordor.os2bbs.com 4000