Re: re : Multiple attacks?

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 02/23/96

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, MUD wrote:

> Hey.
>
> This is perhaps not what you would like to hear but I do not advise
> you to make warriors with heavy weapons be able to slash twice in
> a round. This feature unbalances the game I fear. If you have ever
> been to MUME for example you'd know that one can only pierce twice in
> a round if he has practiced a skill named attack and carries a light
> weapon.
> For at least to me it makes some sense.
>
> regards,
> margus

Well, I HAVE to give my two dimes on this too ,-)

If you read the AD&D payers handbook you'll see that warriors are 'bound'
to get more attacks 2/3 per round arround level 10-15 or so, and 2
arround their high levels .. So according to that it shoudl be supported.

Losts of muds have extra attacks, and it allso adds to the differences of
the classes... I mean what's a warrior worth if he's only able to hit
once in a round... ?

Multiple attacks won't unstabilize the mud a lot as long as you only
limit it to double (and mayb tripple) attacks..

Well, those were the two dimes :)

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *