Re: Circle 2.2 & Auto Directions

From: Edward Becker (
Date: 03/04/96

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996 13:53:17 -0600 (CST) you wrote:

>On to a more productive topic:
>Has anyone tried merging (via CVS or by hand) pl9 into a heavily-modified
>version of pl8?  How difficult did it turn out to be?  How stable was the
>resulting server?  In what areas of code did the merge become tricky?

Yes, I did.  Everything but the changes to the nanny routines (bpl9 has some better dupe checking and helps with the infamous login bug), and the change to the load rooms I took back out, because I liked my old way of doing it better.

Seems to be nice. It was nice to get the fix to the boards problem... I had been nailed by that one a few times.  Also, the new spell system for assigning spells to classes worked GREAT.  Took me a while to convert that, but it was easy, just time consuming to re-enter all the spells over again and adjust the levels, etc.

All in all, it's definitely worth the effort.

Visit Realms of Mituen: (telnet to) 4000

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 12/07/00 PST