Muddy Transport

From: Harvey Gilpin (rv@twylite.demon.co.uk)
Date: 03/11/96

Hi all,

I figured it was time for me to get back on topic, so here's my question:

I'm toying with the idea of mud transport.  In my last mud I wrote areas
that could move (ships'n'stuff) but since I've lost most of the code for
that I wanna go one better this time.

I was planning caridges of some sort.  Maybe an object, that select
players can enter if they are in the group of the owner, and which the
owner can drive around the mud.  It should be capable of  holding objects
so they  can store all thier loot etc.

I want other players to see it storming past:

A stage coach thunders in from the east.
Giblet enters the stage coach.
The stage coach speeds off to the west leaving only a cloud of dust.

I can force players to use them by having mountain ranges that kill
so many movement points that the only way to traverse them is by
public transport.  I havn't really thought much about how to implement
this and would appreciate your comments.

Cheers,

Rv.

"I'm feeling supersonic, give me gin and tonic, you can have it all,
but how much do you wannit?" -- Oasis.