More on OLC

From: Harvey Gilpin (rv@twylite.demon.co.uk)
Date: 03/14/96

Hi all,

I'm currently extending the redit/iedit system to include zedit and
medit commands.  I've done zedit and am starting on medit.  I'm trying
to make it totally dependant on the tables that exist in the current circle
base code so that changes to them will be reflected in the OLC without
modifying the code.

The only problem with this approach so far is circle's Extended mobiles.
Since no information is stored after extended mobs are parsed, there is
no way of knowinging how to save them out again.

Anyways, my questions are:

o  Who are the authors of the original redit/iedit system?  I'd like
   to credit them if I decide to realease this publicly.

o  Do many of you use Extended mobs in your mud?

o  Could I get away with allowing a builder to only access one zone
   at a time, or do builders often need full access to more than one
   zone at a time (apart from when linking the new zone to the world)?

o  Do you know of any bugs in the _patched_ version of redit/iedit?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Rv.