Re: abbriviations

From: d. hall (dhall@illusion.apk.net)
Date: 03/22/96

// thus on Fri, 22 Mar 1996 21:41:35 -0500 (EST), Michael virtually wrote:

Michael> Has anyone imped the ability to use abriviations for player and
Michael> mob names in the mud. Like instead of 'tell bobby something' the
Michael> player could use 'tell bob something' or 'kill bob' instead of
Michael> 'kill bobby'. I only want to use abbriviations for names of mobs
Michael> /players.... Objs abbriviations could be a little dangerous.  I
Michael> assume I should modify the get_char_* functions and probably
Michael> is_name function. Would anyone be willing to share their ideas on
Michael> this matter?  Or how they imped it?

Look at generic_find in handler.c (it's near the end) and then look at
isname and find_all_dots.

d.
--
	  ``He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see''

				~ nine inch nails, heresy