Re: exp splitting

From: David Blocher (dblocher@postoffice.ptd.net)
Date: 03/23/96

>Maybe I'm totally wrong here, but I find the current way in which exp is
>dealed out at the end of combat to the group is rather
>stupid......Because if you have a 15th lev and a 1st lev grouped and the
>15th lev does all the work.....the first lev still gets a crapload of
>exp....so, what I was thinking is that it would make more sense to divide
>it up by level......so.....
>the group is a lev 1, 4, and 15....
>you would add the levels of all the members in the group....
>1 + 4 + 15 = 20....and the percentage that each person recieves is equal
>to thier level divided by the total.
>so the first lev would only get 5% of the exp........
>I am just bringing this up, because maybe jeremy would consider changing
>this in the releases of circle.......
>
>-Justin Chapweske
>"Being rich is usually better than being stupid."
>chapwesk@plains.nodak.edu  orasis@205.198.0.31-35
>orasis@bog.nodak.edu  orasis@ziggy.rrnet.com (rrnet.com 4800)
>Justin Chapweske@Fargo.nd.us.earth.milkyway
>http://blackbody.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~chapwesk/

Here's another tidbit you might want to think about,
We have capped the amount of exp an char can get for a kill
to 1/20 of what he needs to gain next level.  This is on a mud
with 100 mortal levels so 1/20 might be different.
Vain
David Blocher                       E-mail:
"In Search of Dead Solid Perfect"   dblocher@postoffice.ptd.net