Re: Loading Newbies With Equipment

From: Remko Wiersma (ia_remko@cs.utwente.nl)
Date: 03/28/96

The way I took care of equiping newbies with some basic eq, was
mainly using mobprogs (available on cambot.res.jhu.edu). I created
a newbie equipment master that load some eq and gives it to the
newbie player when he/she enters the rooms he's in.
I added (in addition to immort and mortal start_room) a newbie
start room, with only one exit leading to this dude.
It works great. And if you decide to change te eq to be given to
newbies, you don't have to recompile everything.

Remko
(a.k.a. Iluvatar)

Remko M. Wiersma		Student Computer Science at the
				      University of Twente
e-mail: ia_remko@cs.utwente.nl
or WWW: http://wwwbeno.cs.utwente.nl/~ia_remko