Peculiar error

From: jeremy jubenville (jeremy@yakko.cs.wmich.edu)
Date: 04/02/96

 Greetings,

    I just recieve the most peculiar error message that ended with
an abort signal which shutdown the mud.
The error is denoted in the syslog as follows:

SYSERR: CHECKPOINT shutdown: tics not updated

  While i can understand the concept of shuting down the mud if the tics
aren't updating themselves, i don't understand how it happened.  Gdb
told me absolutely nothing.  My gut tells me that this was either a
machine error or an OS error.  Am i correct?

<> Jeremy J. Jubenville                  Email: jeremy@iglou.com
<> 232 Ernest Burnham
<> Kalamazoo, MI 49008-1042

 - After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressable
   is music...