Re: equiping newbies with zon file?

From: JRhone (ujtr@lady.cs.sunyit.edu)
Date: 04/09/96

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, moron wrote:

> I was checking out the Sundhaven documentation and he seems to be
> sufggesting that you can use the zon file to load newbies with equipment.
[]
> If you can't do it this way, what function handles giving objects to
> players?  Is there a good description of how it is stored in the user

well if its simply equipping newbies in a certain room/rooms
i dont know how using the zone file, if its standard, would work

check handler.c, char_to_room

put a couple checks for newbie level, and the right room/rooms
if ch meets yer checks, send ch to an auto-equip function based on
race and class and the whole shabang

thats how i do it :)

note, this approach requires 1 of 2 things so newbies dont keep going
back to get equipped
either flag them as already equipped (waste of a bit imho :))
or, make the room only enterable once, like once they enter, only one
direction leads out and they cant go back

hope that gives you some idears

jtrhone
aka
Vall