Another trickster in write_to_q()

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 04/12/96

Hi again.

Well, once more thnx for the great deal of positive feedback on the
segfault I got in alias.c, and well, regretedly I'm not perfect, I got it
to work flawlessly in alias.c I think... so thats great.
Now I added OasisOLC a coupel of days ago, and it seems that when I have
edited a few objects and/or use the 'list' funtion to show yest unsaved
zones I get another segfault...

Now I watched some of the stuff I was told coudl cause problems in the
alias.c problem, i.e. uninitialized pointers, but as it's Jeremys bpl8
write_to_Q() procedure it seems to be 101% correct.. so thats why I'm
mailing another snip from GDB...

[GDB START]
#0  0xdf68ad0c in t_splay ()
#1  0xdf68ab64 in t_delete ()
#2  0xdf68a7f8 in realfree ()
#3  0xdf68b074 in cleanfree ()
#4  0xdf68a1c4 in _malloc_unlocked ()
#5  0xdf68a0bc in malloc ()
#6  0xdf679964 in calloc ()
#7  0x1c3f4 in write_to_q (txt=0xdffff6a0 "gain", queue=0x53239c, aliased=0)
    at comm.c:805
(gdb) frame
#7  0x1c3f4 in write_to_q (txt=0xdffff6a0 "gain", queue=0x53239c, aliased=0)
    at comm.c:805
805       CREATE(new, struct txt_block, 1);
(gdb) list
800
801     void write_to_q(char *txt, struct txt_q * queue, int aliased)
802     {
803       struct txt_block *new;
804
805       CREATE(new, struct txt_block, 1);
806       CREATE(new->text, char, strlen(txt) + 1);
807       strcpy(new->text, txt);
808       new->aliased = aliased;

Now GDB shows it's in the alloc/malloc'ing of the first CREATE.... is
there any explainable reason on this ?
The only thing I can think of would be insufficient ram or something..
but I have no idea as of how to check this... Anyone got some ideas ?

Regards,
Con

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *