Re: Houses

From: David Blocher (dblocher@postoffice.ptd.net)
Date: 04/14/96

>On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, David Blocher wrote:
>
>> This is kinda hoaky but we have a home command which takes a player to his
>> house.  However when a player buys a house its sets a field in his player
>> file called house.  The imms can also set this value
>> so
>> set vain house 1220
>> will cause vain to goto 1220 when he types home
>> If a players types home and his house is -1 then is says sorry you do not
>> have a house.
>
>Well, isnt that a little 'waste' of space :)
>All the needed informtaion is allready avaialble in the existing house
>structures... And makes it more proof to not making errors if you mess
>arround with the hcontrol stuff...
>Just my two cents.

Well we have made our houses private, so you can not snoop, enter, at or any
such commands in a house, however we left the back door of allowing us to
set a house so we could get into the house if need be, it also works as a
handy way for an imm to goto a favorite place.
David Blocher                       E-mail:
"In Search of Dead Solid Perfect"   dblocher@prolog.net