Re: Buggy alarm signals in pl8

From: Wout Mertens (Wout.Mertens@rug.ac.be)
Date: 04/15/96

Hi, sorry to rake this up again, but I think it's important and I never
saw a reply....

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Carnage wrote:

> Here is what happened, one day my mud was in a deadlock. After
> some additonal logging I found out the 'checkpointing'- routine
> was never called. I changed the signal from SIGVALRM to SIGALRM
> and the itimer type to ITIMER_REAL and now it works fine.

What is the difference? And what system do you use?

And while we're at it, this is the first time I noticed there was a
signal to unrestrict the game... How do you use it?

Sorry, I'm a rather signal-illiterate...

Gekke Eekhoorn of BUG.