Re: Mob Experience

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/23/96

On Tue, 23 Apr 1996, Hades wrote:

> Which I think is a bad idea, and I took it out. Has anyone ever seen a
> player let a mob he can kill relastively easy kill a junk character over and
> over and over and over until that mob was worth 10x the exp, then kill it
> and fly up 7 levels at once?
>
> Before I took out that code players would feed junk characters to a mob over
> and over, jacking the mobs exp up through the roof. Then, they kill it for
> massive exp. Highly abuseable code, and not really necessary either.

	I think it's kind of nice, actually.  If I was planning on keeping
levels I'd probably do something like making my mobiles gain levels and
with levels get stronger.  Maybe add a skill automatically or make them
hunt a teacher and instead of killing it, practice at it ;).  Then that
mob can use spells and skills like most players -- completely at random.
I don't know about you, but when I was a player I only remember using
combat spells to initiate fights and at random in the middle of fights
then pressing, "!" to cast it again and again... ;)  Healing I never cast
on anyone but my group members or myself.  As a warrior I used skills just
as randomly, but less often because of wait states.  As a thief, I
backstabbed to start, and found myself often fleeing and coming back for
some more :)