Re: Guild Guard Question.

From: Alex van Koppen (alexk@odie.et.fnt.hvu.nl)
Date: 04/30/96

Hi !

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Fionn Colvin wrote:

>        Just a quick question. All my guild guards have names, but when
> you try to pass one you that your not allowed to it says The guild guard
> ..... How do I make it say <Guards Name> blocks your way? I see there is
> a $n for your name. Is there some other $ value for the guards name?

The problem is that there is no pointer to the guard, so if you'd put
$N (act-victim) in the name, it'd either crash, or show nothing..
The way around this is as follows: (Circle 3.0)

in SPECIAL(guild_guard) add the following:

   struct char_data *guard;

   guard = (struct char_data *) me;

or replace 'guard' in the acts below with '(struct char_data *) me'

and replace the existing send_to_char and act with:

   act("$N blocks $n's way.", FALSE, ch, 0, guard, TO_NOTVICT);
   act("$N blocks your way.", FALSE, ch, 0, guard, TO_CHAR);
   act("You block $n's way.", FALSE, ch, 0, guard, TO_VICT);

You can also delete the two buffers..

See ya !
  Alex.