Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 05/11/96

At 10:04 PM 5/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, 8 May 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
>
>> I'm beginning to think that splitting the list in two parts may be a good
>> idea afterall -- this list, which will remain as it is for newbie questions,
>> Is there any support for this idea?
>
>Several problems will inevitably arise from this.
>First of all, some of the "newbie questions" I am seeing seem to come
>from people who are trying to run a mud, and just don't know. These
>people will no longer get help if the list splits, as the people who
>(in theory at least) know something will not monitor the "newbie list"
>but would rather sit on the "advanced list" and "take care of business"
>there.
>
>This list is (in my understanding) to allow people running a copy of
>Circle MUD to exchange ideas, and ask questions. Some people should
>get used to seeing the same thing several times. It's the real world
>people, and it's just the way it is.

Splitting the list would deffinatly be a bad idea, like has been said, there
will be noone eto ansewer the newbie questions, what are the chances that
someone is going to monitor both lists?  Coupled with the fact that, how do
you plan to keep the newbies off the "advanced" list?
Seems to me just a more of a pain.
It's a big world, and there's prolly some ungodly amount of people on
thismailing list with new people all the time, so naturally questions will
get repeated.  If the lists splits up I most likely won't bother with either.

What someone should do is archive the mailing list messages my month, and
have them available to get via majordomo.....

Brazil - IMP of AddictMUD   tolkien.realms.org 4000  or
                             addict.realms.org 4000  or
                                  206.185.33.2 4000