SORTA NEWBIE AFF_WOODEN

From: Chris Anderson (chrisa@cujo.icom.ca)
Date: 05/27/96

 Ok, I have a spell that sets up an Affect wooden bit...

Now I am currently working through two ways of making this work, and
wondering the best possible way..

I want to make it KINd of like the freeze command.. where all movemnet is
ceased.

I tried to make the spell aff_MAXMOVE, and all it  seems to do is remove the
original move points, no added points.. I want to be able to keep the person
from moving, because they are petrified...

Now, I also want to keep them from attacking other people as well.. they are
like a tree.. they shouldn't be able to attack..

Or do very much damage.. I have started by adding a check in a lot of
commands that checks for this wooden thing..

The reason for the bit, is so that fire spells will have a greater effect on
the person being woodd, and things like small swords will only do so much..

(ever try to cut down an oak tree by hacking at it with a dagger? Never work
out too good..)

Is there an easier way to do this? How can I call the AFF without placing
checks all over the place.. I am preatty sure that it is a BIG waste of
space constantly checking everything..

Any ideas?

Zippy the Wonderslug
WWW: http://www.icom.ca/~chrisa/mud.html