CODE: (Could be NEWBIE) Implementing Alias Saving

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 05/29/96

Ok, here is another one...

Ive been trying to get one of my modified sources to compile the aliasa
saving code that was in cambot (the one that doesn't need a player wipe)

I followed (as faithfully as I could) the steps in the README file. I
recompiled and after some errors I am left with only one error left, as follows:

---- Transcript ----
/usr/home/eduo/testers/test/src> make
make ../bin/circle
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  act.comm.c
(...)
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  act.other.c
gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  alias.c
In file included from alias.c:16:
structs.h:882: syntax error before `socket_t'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
---- End Transcription ----

The line giving me this error is:

struct descriptor_data {
   socket_t descriptor;         /* */  <-- Line 882
   char host[HOST_LENGTH+1];    /* hostname                             */
   byte bad_pws;                /* number of bad pw attemps this login  */

I have only installed in this stock code the autoeq code, OasisOLC 1.2 and
the alias saving code (this one), I want to have this working right so I
can try to put on mobprogs (is it this way or the other way around, first
mobprog and then Oasis?) I also wanted to put in (later) some spells and
the scan command. Finally I'd like to implement the Arena..

In case you are wondering, yes, I am following someone's (*grin*) advice
and trying to figure out all possible combinations of the programs in the
contrib dir in cambot. So I can figure out which one are compatible and
which ones need mods (and what mods).

If anyone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it. I know I could
find the cause myself, but I'm trying to keep the diging at a minimum
until I figure all patches out.

Thanks in advance.
BTW, Thanks a lot, MUD (mud@mamma-mu.campus.luth.se), I haven't tried
that but I will.

Mythago
MythagoMUD
148.207.20.189 4000
Spanish Spoken
Se Habla Espaniol
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/