Re: Resuming to a background process?

From: Barid Bel Medar (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 06/03/96

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Hades wrote:

> Ok, mud is running in the background... any clue how I can resume control of
> it? It is occasionally hitting what I think to be an infinite loop, and I'd
> like to return to control of the program do I can ^\ it and dump the core.
>
> Or know how I can see what the hell is going on with gdb? I attach in but
> none of the normal cmmands work... back, list, etc...

Use "fg" to return to either a suspended or a background process.  If
you've got multiple ones, and are using tcsh, try %"command line".  For
example, if you've got TIN suspended, PINE suspended, and the MUD is
running in the background, do this to get to each:

%pine
%tin
%circle

Actually, you only need the first letter for those.  tcsh can figure out
where to go from there.

Barid Bel Medar                               icarus@berkshire.net
Knights of the Cosmos            Shayol Ghul Resort and Health Spa
"I  am  returning  this otherwise good typing paper to you because
someone has printed gibberish all over it and  put  your  name  at
the top." - English Professor, Ohio University