Re: int sharp[];

trice@dstar.california.com
Date: 06/03/96

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> > It was originally used so Cleric's could not wield sharp weapons.  Not
> > sure if it still is or not.  Like I said, my site has been down since
> > Friday (which has me more than a little aggrivated).
>
> Oops.. the above is right, and the description I sent was wrong.  Oh well.
> My memory's not what it used to be. :-)

As long as you don't forget to keep CircleMUD coming along, I, at least,
don't care if you forget what main() does.  <grin>

Anyway, on this same note, I'm curious why this was removed?  Was it a
matter of MUD admins not wanting it?  Just something that got blown away
through the changes?

Although you were wrong (erm, not to rub it in) with your statemnt about
it being used for daggers, I kind of think it would be a good idea to
have a little "can_backstab[]" thing so MUD implementors can add types of
weapons with backstab-ability and not have to go on a witchhunt for the
code.  Just a thought.

Better yet, I'll probably just change it to ITEM_CAN_BACKSTAB because
I've got things of type pierce I don't want people to backstab with
(lances, etc.) -- Perhaps it should be changed in stock Circle?  Dunno.