Re: Auto DHIT

From: Pandion (s337239@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 06/04/96

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Tarot wrote:

> Ok, call me a moron, but does anyone know why this code (from the end of
> fight.c) causes the mud to crash?
>
> /* Auto DHIT */
>     if (GET_LEVEL(ch) >= 15 && GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_WARRIOR && !IS_NPC(ch))
>       hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);
> /* end of Auto DHIT */
>     hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);
>     if (MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_SPEC) && mob_index[GET_MOB_RNUM(ch)].func !=
> NULL)         (mob_index[GET_MOB_RNUM(ch)].func) (ch, ch, 0, "");
>
> I think I might have missed something earlyer in the code, but not quite
> sure.  I player hits and then Dhits then the prompt appears and the mud crashes.
>
> HELP,
> Doyle

I'm not entirely sure what this is trying to do - some sort of multi
attack ??  Anyways, what _could_ be going wrong is that the FIGHTING
pointer no longer exists when the second hit is called... I had a similar
problem with mine.  Check the existance of FIGHTING after the dhit... ?

Hope this helps.

Chris Voutsis