Re: We Are Not Telepathic

From: Barid Bel Medar (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 06/05/96

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Justin Sethi wrote:

> How do I capture the output? I tried to pipe it through pico and other
> things, like rerouting it, but the output doesnt come out.

If you're using bash, use make 2> error.out.  If tcsh, make &>error.out
(or something like that, just use bash for this one).  You can also use a
screen capture or something.

Anyway, error 2 is a pretty generic make error.  Check for the socket_t
stuff, that seems to be a big problem for most people.

> -Justin <cyanide@gslink.com>
>
> On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Brian Pape wrote:
>
> > > I recently was forced to delete Circle. Now I'm trying to put it back in,
> > > but when I compile, it spits out a ton of errors and gives me an error 2.
> > > Any suggestions? I've recompiled my kernel about 5 times now, I'm running
> > > 1.3.92, Redhat Linux... thanks

Barid Bel Medar                               icarus@berkshire.net
Knights of the Cosmos            Shayol Ghul Resort and Health Spa
"I  am  returning  this otherwise good typing paper to you because
someone has printed gibberish all over it and  put  your  name  at
the top." - English Professor, Ohio University