NEWBIE:do_scan and DEATH warning

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 06/07/96

Hello there!

Ok, I just installed the scan code and it runs perfectly under pl11 (if
anyone is making notes), just as Oasis 1.2, cleric.c and autoeq with
barely any adjustments.

Anyway, I liked the code for scan a lot, but I'd like to add something to
it, and maybe someone here can help me out (I know it sounds stupid, but
I am learning C by ear and even tho' I dare to change code here and there
I still don't feel confident to make my own,... yet)

What I wanted to know was:

1st: A way of scanning dark areas (flag DARK in them), even for people
who cannot see in the dark, maybe you could read: You feel a presence
close by the east, you feel a presence ways far west.

2nd: A way of sensing the death traps... some of them are plain
traitorous, with no warnings whatsoever (if someone can kill a dragon why
some lions would kill him?) so maybe something like: "You cannot sense
any life close by east!" or "Your senses go awry when trying to scan ways
off west!". Something like that.

Actually I was thinking on changing scan to something like "sense" so it
can better adecuate to this... So instead of seeing mob you'd "sense"
them and it may be a little more fit for the changes above.

I didn't include any code because it is in the site and I would have to
paste it all. But I can if anyone requests it. If anyone also has made
any changes to their scan code and is willing to share them I'd be most
appreciated.

Thanks in advance all!

Mythago
MythagoMUD
148.207.20.1 4000
English descriptions
Spanish language spoken (Great place to learn Spanish and/or English)
(e-mail me if you plan on using the site frequently and want a direct
route to it, or the closest thing to it)

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/