Re: NEWBIE: Mayor special

From: Thomas Pedersen (classic@cloud9.net)
Date: 06/07/96

Way back I was wondering the same thing, and belive this was the fix ...

Stock Circle has this code,

  case '3':
    perform_move(ch, path[index] - 0, 1);
    break;

Change to:

  case '3':
    perform_move(ch, path[index] - '0', 1);
    break;

This is in spec_procs.c ofcourse.

This more or less on top of my head, but I belive that fixed it.

C.

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

> Ok, this (I think) is not mentioned in the docs anywhere.
>
> The mayor has a special procedure assigned to it, that makes it wander on
> the town and say dumb things...
>
> The thing is that he never wakes up, he is always asleep in his chair,
> but if I wake him up he'll make his round as normal and fo back to his
> chair and sleep again... and never wake up again unless I force him to do.
>
> Besides the obviuous opinions about the efficiency of our mayor... How
> can I make him to do his thing by himself. I tried changing some
> boooleans in his spec_proc, but the mud would core dump as soon as he
> made his first move...
>
> Also, how is the movement of the mayor defined? I saw a sequence of
> characters but my head started aching, maybe it is ways too simple but I
> need someone to explain it to me.
>
> BTW, flame me if you will, but I warned about it being a NEWBIE thing..:)
> if you do, please do it to my account, if you answer me do it to the
> list..:) there may be other newbies wondering the same thing and you are
> saving yourself repeated postings..:)
>
> Greets
>
> Mythago

> Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
> Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
> Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
>                                 CIATEQ, A.C.
>  Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
>                      http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/

_/ Classic@Cloud9.net
_/ uskgf89j@ibmmail.com
_/ http://www.cloud9.net/~classic