Getting object properties from the vnumber

From: Brian Menges (menges@niesten.arc.nasa.gov)
Date: 06/12/96

Is there any way to get object information (specifically I want to get the
object short description) if all I have is the vnumber for the object?
The object will not necessarily be on a character so looping through
all the items on the character and checking it against a vnum won't work.
Can anyone provide my with some insight into this problem?  I know its probably
very simple but I just can't seem to figure it out.

-brian
__

--
"Take my advice and go back to the time	| Brian Menges
you came from.  The future isn't what 	| NASA Ames Research Center