Re: Track!

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 06/14/96

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, ACiDO wrote:

> i have this problem with track how do i make it to like if you track
> someone it will continue to track the person until it finds the target??
> like track fido eg. you sense a trail e from here ; then you go e and you
> don't have to type track again you sense a trail e from here if you know
> what i mean??

Add a a pointer to the target (ch->tracking), then in a movement
routine, probably in do_simple_move, check ch->tracking.  I it's not
NULL, then call the tracking code (bypassing the get_char_vis call since
you've already got a pointer to the target.

You might also want to add a PLR_TRACKING flag, so if the mob dies you
can tell the player something to the effect "The track seems to have
faded into oblivion."

Sam