Re: NEWBIE: Who

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 06/17/96

On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Jester wrote:

> I have a few questions about the 'who' command.
>
> 1)  How could I make it so that whenever you are looking at the who
> screen, it shows that last command that someone was using.  Not like that
> last command that someone typed, like 'kill jester', but the last command
> that they used like 'kill'.

What?!  I'm not sure what you mean.  If you mean the last command a person
on the who list typed then just get the last command from their
descriptor_data structure and any_one_arg() it to get the first word off
of it and then search for a match in the command table, find the complete
name of the command and then put that in the who list.  Not exactly the
most useful thing in the world, nor is it a newbie-type-code-project.

> 2)  How could I make it so that in the menu before you enter the game,
> you can do a who.

In interpreter.c add:

    case 'w': case 'W':
      do_who(d->character, "", 0, 0);
      SEND_TO_Q("<=Press ENTER to Continue=>", d);
      STATE(d) = CON_RMOTD;
      break;

That should do it just fine.

	-dak