Re: (not really) OFF TOPIC: sorry

From: Barid Bel Medar (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 06/20/96

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> Sorry about that previous message.. I shoulda put OFF TOPIC on it...
> although it does have to do with muds... :P once again.. sorry
> but, I do have a question.. does anyone know how I could make class
> abbrevs in color wherever they are used without having to do the code in
> every little seperate command?

Try making an array of some kind with all the colors for all the
classes.  You can probably actually put it in the class list...  anyway,
you put in the color constant you want to use as the color (in an ANSI
string, *not* using the normal CCYEL or whatever macros).  Then track
down wherever you have to display classes and use the long version of the
color macros with the color value in the your class list.

You can also try using a disp_class() function or something which
displays the class name in color depending on the player's color level.
I'm afraid that there probably isn't another way to do it; but if you
think you're going to want to change the way this is done, using a
disp_class()-style function is a good idea (you can also do any special
formatting here).

> i.e. "45 Sorcerer" <Sorcerer would be color>... I know you can't do it in
> the actually *class_abbrevs[].. cuz' it's a const char.. oh yeah..

Barid Bel Medar                               icarus@berkshire.net
Knights of the Cosmos            Shayol Ghul Resort and Health Spa
"I  am  returning  this otherwise good typing paper to you because
someone has printed gibberish all over it and  put  your  name  at
the top." - English Professor, Ohio University