Re: Compiling the Source

From: David Blocher (dblocher@prolog.net)
Date: 06/26/96

At 12:33 PM 6/26/96 -0700, you wrote:

>i have Circlemud3.0 patch 11 and it appears to be something wrong about it....
>
>I Keep getting this error when compiling the source.... /src directory
>

>sysdep.h:127: net/errno.h: No such file or directory
>sysdep.h:131: crypt.h: No such file or directory
>In file included from comm.c:14:
>sysdep.h:146: sys/select.h: No such file or directory
>make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
>

>i followed the instructions, but the error still appears.......
>

>Ass: Azrael

I assume that your are running Linux?  I am by no means a Linux expert, and
this is probably my first response about a Linux related question. Linux
does not come with the crypt tools.  These tools are used for password
encryption.  You have 2 choices: 1 Remove the references to crypt and you
wont have encypted passwords, or look on the archives for the crypt tools.
Sorry but I am not sure where to find them at.
David Blocher
Process Computer Engineer
Carpenter Technology Corp.
"I stop procrastinating tomorrow!"