Re: Circlemud-2.2_skills

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 06/26/96

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Scott Clifford wrote:

> heya all :)
>
> I am having the worst time here trying to get the skill scan to work into
> my mud :( Is there anybody out there that would be willing to send me aa
> copy of a working "do_scan" procedure?

I actually ran the thing (over 3.0pl11, not 2.2, as the title suggests)
and it ran flawlessly, no need to change the code whatsoever. I did end
up changing the command to "sense" and all references for "see" to
"sense" in this particular. I thought it'd give more room for more
commands, so someone could be able of "sensing" the proximity of a death
trap or other stuff.

I did have somethings that I wanted to change:

Anyone knows a quick hack for the do_scan proc (in the ftp site) so it
tells you "You see 2 guards far off east" instead of "You see the guard
and the guard far off east"?

Also, a quick fix for "scanning" up and down would be wlecome..:)

Greets

Mythago

MythagoMUD
148.207.20.1 4000 (soon to be revamped)
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/