RE: Locking up when .obj file is in, no errors

From: 1 (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 06/26/96

On Wednesday, June 26, 1996 10:21 AM, Bill Romano[SMTP:ghost@ao.net] wrote:

>I have built before, just started Imping.  I dl'd the elven woods area
>from the circle mud site, and got it all installed, a few minor errors
>and it looks ok except.....when i put the 190.obj file into the obj index,
>and reboot the mud, it doesnt come up, i HAVE checked my syslog, its
>empty, syslog.six locks at loading objects and creating index,

I had the same problem. I can't remember exactly, but I think there's a
corrupt (read: incorrectly formatted) object in there somewhere. I originally
found the problem while writing an import routine for a world editor I'm writing. I'd suggest taking a good look at the file. Check for an out of value
damage entry for a weapon -- I vaguely remember this as the cause, but
then again, it was late and I didn't document it :(

--- gbarnett@polarnet.com --- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/