Re: Alias saving question

From: daishi (daishi@rookery.acns.nwu.edu)
Date: 07/01/96

> On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Mud Admin wrote:
>
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `gcc', needed by `alias.o'.  Stop.
> >
> > I added the alias.o to the objfiles, and the
> >  alias.o : alias.c structs.h utils.h interpreter.h
> >            $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) alias.c
>
> The general format is:
>
>   obj_file: c_file other_dependencies
>   <TAB>c_comp -c flags c_file
>
> So, here's what a CircleMUD make rule looks like (without the preceeding
> white spaces):
>
>   alias.o: alias.c structs.h interpreter.h utils.h
> 	  $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) alias.c
>
> Note the <tab> instead of whitespaces.  This is probably your problem.
> Also, make sure that the previous line DOES NOT have a backslash (\) on
> it.

Actually this isn't neccessarily the problem,  I got the same problem and I
checked two or three time for whitespace problems (which should just be
ignored by the compiler anyway) but what ended up being the solution was
actually doing gunzip alias.c.gz (much to my embarrassement).

--
George Campbell   ---    daishi@nwu.edu: Now I lay me down to sleep
Network Administrator for KUHLAN       : I pray the double lock will keep;