Re: [Circle] Just an observation...

From: Steve (quickey@cyberverse.com)
Date: 07/25/96

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Clepto wrote:

> then if its so bad why not start another mail-list specifically for code
> or for that matter a digest too.  Theres nothing wrong with posting an
> idea here i guess, but i can see your point with LARGE amounts of
> continuos code, although i kind of like it but thats just my NEW school of
> thought, anyways thats just me.

I don't think Alex was upset at the SIZE of the code and the "waste of
bandwidth", its that its making the mud community a identical (yet
slightly different). place to be. I can't tell you how many NEW BETA
Circle Muds with Oasis OLC there are sitting out there. There is more to
being a mud imp than being able to patch. Its just a shame that there are
less and less GOOD muds out there, and more and more Circle 3.0 Bpl11's
with OasisOLC. Now I cant deny that I've used patches before, and its not
a bad thing, but a patches shouldn't be you're whole Mods to circle. And
i think a circlemud with standard patches is just as Untouched/Unoriginal
as standard Circlemud.

Steve
quickey@cyberverse.com