Re: [Circle] DUAL WIELD

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 08/03/96

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Leonard Burns IV wrote:

> I'm having a hard time trying to think of a way to implement a dual
> wield system, I was going to try to add it as an addition eq position,
> but then I'd have to add a bitvector on every item so that it could be
> wielded on the second hand, but there has to be any easier way to do it,
> like race or class dependent, but I'm not sure how, any ideas?
> --

Sure, here goes an idea:

On my mud we made it, so that if you dualwield a weapon you use the HOLD
eq position. This way you 'use' both hands in some wierd fashion :) At
least it supports the idea that you can't have two weapons in the same
hand, and probably don't have more than two hands.. <G>
To be a little more techical, all it did take, was a check in
perform_violebnce for the GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_HOLD) position (if I remember
the syntax correctly), and wether or not it's of the type ITEM_WEAPON.
I made a copy of the hit() routine and changed a few things there, as it
was designed for WIELDED weapons, and I didn't wanna do aything fancy :)

Hope this is 'ideas' enough for you,
regards Con.

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000