Re: [Circle] Getting character name from ID number

From: Brian Gray (mandy@tmarts.com)
Date: 08/04/96

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Haddixx wrote:

> I have added a new variable in my zone files that contains the ID
> number of the builder who has permission to use OLC to modify that zone.
> I would like to somehow use this ID number to get the players name
> but I'm not sure how to get that information when the player isn't
> online.  Idealy I would like to use the ID number in each file to get
> the builder's name when the zone file is first read when the MUD
> reboots.
> Can anyone point me in the right directions?

  Sure.  Just create a temp character and load the pfile into it one
character at a time.  When the IDNum matches the one for which you're
looking, simply read the name and store it.  It's about the same
procedure you'd use for converting a pfile to new structs, just a lot
simpler.

 -- Mandy, Coding Director of The Multiplex
 -- telnet:pccs.cs.pomona.edu
 -- http://www.tmarts.com/Multiplex