[Circle] CODE HELP: GDB and conversion of pfile

From: Argus (argus@argy.com)
Date: 08/04/96

where they are by looking at the core file.  But this one has me
plagued.  I think it may be a pointer is not being used correctly
someplce, but that is an educated guess (I got the same error once
before because of the same reason but I knew where it was so I was
able to correct it).  But in this case I don't even know where to
start or if my "guess" is on the right track.  So if any of you gdb
folx can help...  Here's the error but I don't know where it's from
so I can't post code... I could post my compile warnings and errors
if it would help.

GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.14 (i486-linux), Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `bin/circle -q 7777'.
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.5.2.18...done.
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.1...done.
#0  0x50037106 in _IO_vfprintf ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x50037106 in _IO_vfprintf ()
#1  0x500395da in _IO_vsprintf ()
#2  0xbffff81c in __ypbindlist ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xfbad0001.
(gdb)

Second:  I saw come across a short little snippet to convert an old
pfile to a new one if I made changes to the pfile.  Can someone
re-post it or send it to me??  I hate re-inventing the wheel and I
didn't grab it the last time I saw it.  (and I looked on the ftp site
but the archives of the mailing list seem a little out of date).

Thanx a million.
-Peace
Argus

http://www.argy.com