Re: [Circle] [NEWBIE] Running Under Win95

From: jcmier (
Date: 08/21/96

> > > This has totally eluded can I run this under Win95, or does
> > > anyone suggest another platform?
> Get Linux - it's free!

I just joined the list so I definitely missed the first part of this but I
can guess what it was about.

A friend and I have recently compiled Circle 3.0 under Win95.  Actually, it
is not that hard at all.  There is a readme file that comes with Circle 3.0
that tells you how to do it.  You need Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 for Win95
and the file also recommends a good telnet program.

It was compiled, I connected using Zmud, and now I am the implementor on my
own local MUD.  I was not looking to run my own MUD, I just wanted to run it
for debugging areas.

Anyway, if that was not what the topic was about, then I'm sorry.

See ya