[Circle] [CODE] hmm lots of it.

From: Mark McCormick (mark@cyberia.ie)
Date: 08/22/96

I found the snippets page really nice. I would encourage more of us to
contribute. Due to this, and the amount of people who mailed me for the
bits of code I offered I'm going to send all the little commands I added
to the archive.

What I think would be a really great idea is if others did the same...

The idea is that I know that some of us could code anything we think of
with a little time to work out how to do it. But come on, if we all
contribute all the circlemuds will be a little better. Just because you
spend so much time coding your idea doen't mean you have to keep it to
yourself. If we all did that every mud would be fairly useless. :)

Okay, so it breaks my heart giving all these away...

and btw none are fully finished. that would be too easy.

ping:
[usage] ping <player|self>
reponse: time in mseconds for the server to talk to players' host.
	i.e. the lag the player is suffering from.

<impl: ping host <hostname> pings any host by name or IP>

[note] this uses a shell command. it willl be different depending on what
machine you are using as will the line response the routine looks for in
the redirected output.
i.e. in my case i use a ping -s <host> 100 5 > <file>
and look for a "round-time...." reponse.

[problems unsolved] it will pong you back though writing or building,
and will not recoognise ping timout, DNS errors, etc. If you log out
while waiting for a ping it will display the pong next time you log on.

tickcounter:
jees this was easy just a few lines in comm.c
it doesn't check for players prefrences though. just gechos "TICKCOUNTER:
10 seconds to tick" etc. to every player.

recent: no bugs, but no options yet either. it just display the last 20
lines of syslog to an impl.

speedwalk: just a check in the typo routine: if the cmd is only comprised
of direction-letters do a few perform_moves.

gosact: gossip a social, or gossip-emote.

pray: ping all gods in any online asking for help and tell you if there
are not on.

I also have a prompt that displays victims health, tankers health(if u
are not tanking) in a fight, your position if you are non-standing. major
affectations such as blind,etc. exp to level, gold. blah you get the idea...

anyway all the are on the way to alex this evening. :)

PS: anyone already changed that newbie-guide to work with groups? i.e.
autogroup you if you follow, gt instead of say etc... twould save me
time. :)